Scholarship support will be provided to MAE TR students who meet the following eligibility criteria for the program:
- Transfer students; student with credit hours between 24 and 60 that UAH defines as transfer students. A special consideration may be made for “transfer-freshman”.
- Be citizens of the United States as defined in section 101 (a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, aliens admitted as refugees under section 207 of the Immigration and nationality Act, or U.S. permanent resident.
- Be admitted to UAH as a TR student as defined by the UAH Admissions Office and enrolled full-time (Full-time student required 12 hr Min) in a degree program in MAE.
- Demonstrate financial need, defined for undergraduate students by the U.S Department of Education rules for need-based Federal financial aid via the Free Application for federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The minimum GPA of 2.75 is required.
- One reference letter from an instructor at their transfer institution
- A maximum 500 words essay describing your academic and career plan(s) including some discussion of your interest in research and identify a particular area that the MAE faculty work on.
How to maintain the scholarship?
- Improving the GPA
- Maintaining full time status
- Receiving favorable report from research advisor
- Attending in seminar, workshops and social held by the program